Are you excited yet? GREAT! So here's the scoop - every Friday we will have a new "theme".
This week's theme is the Top 5 Things About Me. What better way to kick off a new linky party then learning a little bit about one another?
Top 5 Things About Me
1. I'm a (recovered) city girl turned country girl. Until I met my husband Dusty, I would have rather been caught dead than be out in the secluded countryside. I mean, how boring (and smelly), right? I enjoyed life in the fast lane and the hustle and bustle of the city. Today? Not only do I love the peaceful simplicity of the country, Dusty and I are now saving to buy some acreage to build our dream house one day. And if you pay attention, you might just catch me in cowboy boots and a camo hat on a lazy Saturday afternoon.
2. Five years ago, I was the worst cook on the planet. Yup, it's true - I could barely master Hamburger Helper much less a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies. Then one day I woke up and decided I was sick and tired of Hamburger Helper and Chocolate Chip Cookies from a bag. Slowly but surely, I started integrating simple recipes into our everyday life. I took the time to study the recipes ahead of time and really pay attention to each step. Today, cooking and baking is one of the things I love most!
3. I don't have favorites. I love so many things and I just can't bring myself to choose just one. Favorite artists? Matchbox Twenty, Maroon 5, Brooks & Dunn, Luke Bryan... Favorite color? Dark Purple and Dark Blue....and sometimes pink. Favorite Food? Mexican, Italian..oh, and I love me some seafood..and a good burger....see what I mean?
4. I can't wait to have more babies. Mackenzie is ten now, and Dusty and I are waiting with bated breath for the go-ahead from my doctor to start trying. (I've had some health issues lately and need to wait until they're straightened out. You can read about that here.) I worked in daycare for a few years, in the six weeks-six months room. If ten screaming newborns doesn't cause you to never want children, I don't know what does. I can't help it, I just love 'em!
5. I've moved an average of every three years my entire life. I'm 27 years old (28 on Sunday, but lets not add age where we don't need to, ok?) and growing up we moved around a lot. I've lived in Connecticut, Texas, Vermont and now North Carolina (where I'll stay) and have had eleven different addresses. I'm grateful for the experience, though. It's given me an appreciation for many different areas, a love of travel, a curiosity and interest in different cultures and types of people. This is also where me and my husband vary in life experience, as he's lived in the same 5 mile radius his entire life, has never flown and is reluctant to experience any new travel - but I'm workin' on him. ;)
To participate, here's what you need to do:
- Become a Follower of Life.Family.Love. You can do on the right hand sidebar of my blog.
- Write a blog post that includes this week's theme of the Top 5 Things About Me. It can be as short and sweet or as detailed as you'd like. Don't forget to include a picture of your beautiful self!
- Grab a button (below) and place it in your post so every one knows you're linked up to Top 5 Friday.
- Link up! Be sure to link directly to your post and not to your homepage. Who knows, you may even be featured on my blog! You have until 11:59 pm on Tuesday October 16th. to submit your posts.