6.12.2012

Homemade Taco Seasoning

I found this recipe online many years ago and tweaked it a little to my family's taste. You can use red pepper flakes in place if the cayenne pepper and alter the amount depending on how much you like to sweat while you eat. I make mine in large amounts and store it in a mason jar so it's always on hand. I make mine in large amounts and store it in a mason jar so it's always on hand.









What you'll need:
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper


Preparation:
In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients. Store in an airtight container. When ready to use, add 1/4 cup of water to 1 pound of  browned ground beef, steak or chicken. Immediately sprinkle with 2 1/2-3 tablespoons of seasoning. Stir to combine. Simmer until liquid is absorbed. 


Serving size: 2 1/2 - 3 Tablespoons per 1 pound of meat.




Servings: 4
Nutritional Information* (per serving):
Calories: 12  Fat: 0g  Protein: 0g  Carbs: 2g  Sugar: 0g  


*Nutritional information is based on exact measurements above. Results will vary if the recipe is altered.








2 comments:

  1. yum! I am so making this. Store bought taco seasoning is so full of strange sodium. I love that this just has sea salt. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently found & tried this recipe, & today I shared it (with photo credit & a link back to you, of course) on my own blog. Sure hope you don't mind. Please stop by & visit sometime.
    http://lifeatthe4shoes.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete