6.01.2012

Perfectly Shredded Chicken


Once upon a time, I hated touching meat. Okay, I still do, it just gives me the heebie jeebies. I loathed any recipe that required me to make a hamburger patty, a meatball, or heaven forbid shredding chicken with my bare hands.Yuck. I literally avoided making some of my favorite foods because of it. Luckily, I don't have to worry so much about it, because I've found the key to perfectly shredded chicken - every time. The chicken comes out juicy and tender, perfect for any recipe calling for chicken. It's easy, super fast and won't leave you feeling greasier than Uncle Jesse's hair on Full House. 




What you'll need:
1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast
Salt and pepper to taste
Aluminum foil
Cookie sheet
Electric mixer - I use my Kitchen Aid


Preparation:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Season uncooked chicken with salt and pepper to your liking. Lay breasts on aluminum foil and fold to make a pouch. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes - 1 hour. When chicken is done baking, drain liquid out of packet and immediately transfer cooked chicken breasts to your mixing bowl. Using a whisk or paddle attachment, beat chicken until shredded, about 1 minute. Store in an airtight container until ready for use. 

1 comment: