1.02.2015

Menu Plan: Week of 01.04.15

The stress of trying to decide what's for dinner is one nearly every mama can relate to. As I've gotten older, it's become very apparent to me that planning is the key to my success when it comes to cooking healthy and nutritious dinners for my family. When I don't take the time to sit down and menu plan, my week inevitably falls apart day by day, and we fall into the trap of planning to fail and end up with take out - not good. 

I've been menu planning for a long time now, but I thought it might be fun to share my love of weekly menus here with all you lovelies, as well! And while we're at it, why not make it cute and colorful?

We typically try to eat pretty clean, which will be a new twist for the blog as we just started this type of lifestyle within the last few months, but all of the food I make is kid-approved by my 12-year-old. Of course, she's not typically very picky. She doesn't like corn...but she loves brussel sprouts! (I love corn, so you will see it on my menus and in some of my dishes - she's pretty good about picking around it or I'll make her a different veggie - she could eat broccoli seven days a week and be happy!)

Every once in awhile I'll throw in a classic family favorite (i.e. probably not clean...or healthy) or an indulgent dessert, but other than that our menu will be strictly clean and healthy. It's all about balance.

Each week, I'll be posting a new menu, along with a fun and colorful printable for you as well! Stay tuned for recipes as the weeks go on, and if you need ideas in the mean time be sure to visit my Recipe Box!



Don't forget to check out this week's printable menu template below!





No comments:

Post a Comment