11.01.2012

Thirty Days of Thanks - Day One

This month, I've decided to do a series of Thirty Days of Thanks. Each day, I'll be sharing with you something I'm thankful for - not just in the month of November, but always.

It still amazes me that I am one of the lucky ones. I think back now and it's actually kind of sad - I had stopped believing in the possibility that real love existed. I had convinced myself that when it came to romantic relationships, true, long lasting love was an illusion. I had stopped believing it was even possible to find someone who not only said they loved you, but proved it on a consistent basis by treating you with dignity and respect.


Dusty came into my life when I least expected it, and within two hours of knowing him, I knew that no matter what became of the the two of us, I was changed forever. I will be forever grateful that God brought us together. It was as if we belonged together all along - he was an immediate best friend and support system, he makes me laugh, but always knows when to be a serious and provide support. Through him I've found a comfort that I never knew. With him, I have a life that I once only dreamed of, yet had stopped believing in. So today {and every day} I'm thankful for my amazing husband.



What are you thankful for today?




Check out all of the entries in the Thirty Days of Thanks Series:




No comments:

Post a Comment