10.20.2012

My 28th Year - Part Two

Sunday was my 28th birthday. I got to sleep in until 9:30, a much needed and very welcome treat. As I wiped my sleepy eyes and stumbled out of the bedroom, I saw Kenzie and Dusty sitting on the couch, eagerly waiting for me to come into the room. I locked eyes with Kenzie and she immediately burst out into a "Happy Birthday" serenade. As I sat down on the couch, I was proudly presented with homemade wild berry muffins she'd made all by herself, complete with a candle. She even added nuts and crushed up Lorna Doone cookies on top for a little added touch. It's nice to feel appreciated.




Once we were up and around for the day, we thought it might be fun to explore Patterson Farm, a nearby working farm which offers seasonal fun for the whole family. After all of the commotion from Saturday, I was really looking forward to enjoying a day of relaxing family fun - lizard free, of course. We invited our great friends Jared and Alicia to come with us as well as their too-cute-for-words baby girl, A.





Kenzie is absolutely smitten with her, and they formed a special bond from the beginning. When baby A is around, Kenzie's motherly instincts kick in and she spends the whole time loving on her and making sure she's taken care of.  Even if that means setting her up with a pair of headphones so they can enjoy a movie together in the car.


The farm was exactly what I needed for my birthday - time.









We all need it. Time with family. Time with great friends. Time in the great outdoors. To enjoy life's natural beauty, with no outside distractions to interfere. Time to relax, away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life - to appreciate the smiles on our children's faces, and how magical the simplicity of life can really be. 







Time to laugh. To act silly. To be kids again. Time to explore the hay mazes and the corn pits.  To watch the pig races...and celebrate when your chosen pig wins - or loses. To shoot a tomato slingshot, roll down the hill and get so dizzy you can't stand. 

























To get your face painted. To let your child pick out a 25.5 lb. pumpkin, even though they're sold by the pound. To love on your friends' kids, and to watch them love on yours. 











To make new memories...and to look forward to building more in the future. 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post!
    Blessings,
    Julie
    www.ourlittleredsaltbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Julie! Blessings to you and yours as well :)

    ReplyDelete