4.14.2012

Myrtle Beach: Day 1

This year for Kenzie's spring break, my mom and I thought a girl's trip to Myrtle Beach would be just perfect. We arrived in the afternoon and decided we would go to the cutest little family fun park. Fair-type rides always remind me of my younger days. It was one of the most exciting times each year. I always looked forward to the fair for months beforehand. I see the same anticipation in my child's eyes.

The hustle and bustle of the children as they run from ride to ride, declaring each as their "favorite". 










The squeals of joy, the tummy drops and indulging in hot, sweet, sticky funnel cake and hand-squeezed lemonade.



I warms my heart to watch my girl enjoy the same things I did myself so many years ago, and to be able to enjoy it with her is such a blessing. It brings a sense of closeness and bonding that I can't describe. Like the generation gap is quite so wide. 








Ahh, memories. The Hurricane was my favorite as a kid. It goes over peaks and valleys in a circle (a very very fast circle..), until you feel like you can't take anymore...and then, they do it all again - backwards. 



 Have I mentioned I don't handle rides that spin so well anymore?




1 comment:

  1. Hi Brianna,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Myrtle Beach to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete